Tuesday, November 24, 2009

D&C Section 59

Heavenly Father created this Earth for US, His chosen spirits! He has provided us with everything we need to live, learn, grow, gain experience and return to live with Him again. Doctrine and Covenants section 59 begins by Jesus Christ stating that those who are faithful to the commandments will "receive a crown in the mansions of my Father". In order for us to obey the commandments, we must first know what they are. We are then informed that we need to love our Lord and God with all our heart, might, mind and strength and to serve Him. Many of the commandments are repeated. Christ then reminds us of all the blessings that are ours to claim when we do what has been asked of us.
We are blessed with the abundance of the earth as long as we confess God's hand in all things and obey His commandments. This makes the significance of the creation so important because when Heavenly Father was creating the light and darkness, the waters and dry land, the grass, shrubbery, tall trees, the insects and all manner of creepy things, the fish in the waters, fowls of the air and all manner of beasts... He was doing it all for us. I read an article in the Ensign that stood out to me a while ago that reminded me that every beautiful thing is this life was created so we could have joy! I know that for me it is the simple things that bring me the most joy. A beautiful warm day after a long, cold winter brings me so much happiness. A flower growing in an unwelcome terrain gives me strength to continue through the hard days I experience. A happy bark from the dog welcoming me home reminds me that I am loved. I know that Heavenly Father created all things for His children to have joy. Section 59 of the Doctrine and Covenants reminds us of what Heavenly Father asks us to do so that He can more fully bless us with the great things He created for our benefit!

No comments:

Post a Comment