Tuesday, December 8, 2009

God is a God of LOVE!

The idea that stands out to me most as I read section 76 if the Doctrine and Covenants is that Heavenly Father loves all of His children. This is a principle of the gospel of Jesus Christ that has always resonated with me. Even in times of deepest despair and trials, I know that Heavenly Father loves me and will bless me according to my faith.
The reason that I feel so much love from God in this section is because it is explaining all the blessings we receive for being obedient. Will we be crowned with great glory! We will be with Christ when He comes to the earth again to remain forever. We will live in a kingdom full of people that love the Lord and have worked hard to claim their exaltation.
This section also helps me to realize the great love of God in the fact that He has the power to save ALL those who are on the earth. I know that sometimes I can be selfish and stubborn and I don't always like everyone that I meet. Obviously Christ knows each of His spiritually reborn children individually and He loves each of us so He willingly laid down His life so that we can live with our Heavenly Father again. He chose to save every human on the earth as well as those on other planets in other galaxies. Not only did He save us, which is a huge gift, but He devised a plan to make sure that all of the children make it safely to a beautiful kingdom prepared for them.
I am sure that at the time Joseph received this revelation a lot of questions arose from the Saints. The heaviness of this revelation is probably not understood as it should be. The recent converts of the newly reorganized church had accepted a lot of truths that are hard to swallow, but this truth is so different from everything that had been revealed previously. The fact that a 'Hitler' would live in a place more beautiful than the earth is absurd to one who has never heard it before. The straightforward revelation expressed by him shows his character and true commitment to serving the Living God. He never wavered in doing what was required of him.
My favorite verse in the section in 114 which says, "But great and marvelous are the works of the Lord, and the mysteries of his kingdom which he showed unto us, which surpass all understanding in glory, and in might, and in dominion." I had an experience in the Referral Center of the MTC where I spoke with a woman who had claimed she had seen the celestial world. I don't know if she was being honest but the way she described what she saw will always remain with me. She said she was an artist and that the colors she saw in this glorious place were brighter than any she had ever seen. I specifically remember her commenting that the greens were extremely vibrant and beautiful. Again, I don't know if she was telling me the truth, but I know that nothing on earth compares to the beauty of the Celestial Kingdom. If I can work hard to earn money to go to Hawaii, I can work hard to remain righteous so I can live with my Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ, again in the Kingdom of God forever! The gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth again and it is true!

No comments:

Post a Comment