Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Exodus: Then and Now

The journey of the early Latter-day Saints to Zion is amazingly similar to the journey made by the children of Israel when led by Moses. They were both seeking for a place of refuge where they could worship as they chose and both experienced trials as well as many blessings along the way. The aspect that stood out most to me was that the physical terrain was so similar. Both valley's are near a living body of water and a dead body of water, a high mountain and much more. Their journey is also a similitude of the life of Jesus Christ. We can apply it to ourselves as well and the journey that we must take in order to assure a place in the highest kingdom of glory with our Heavenly Father. There is no guarantee that we will have an easy journey. In fact, the majority of the inhabitants of Earth will experience many trials. There will be obstacles in our life that seem hard to overcome. The only was we can endure our struggles is to have complete faith in Jesus Christ and a bright hope for the future. The pioneers are the greatest examples to me of keeping an eye single to the glory of God. Never did they waiver from the things that they were told. Their shining example lights the path I tread everyday. I know that I can accomplish hard things because God blessed and protected them while they were journeying. I am sure my journey will not be easy, but I know that I will be guided as I continue to have faith in Jesus Christ, my Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment