Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Power of God

After going to the Crandall Museum, I realized that the founding fathers of the United States experienced similar trials as the Saints in the Book of Mormon. One of the gentlemen guiding the tour talked about the Revolutionary War and how the small colonial army was able to defeat the great British army. I couldn't help myself from comparing it to the various times when the Nephites were able to defeat the Lamanites in battle despite their smaller numbers. When this happens, the Book of Mormon never fails to mention that they were victorious because they fought "with the power of God and not of men".
I believe that this same principle correlates with the Revolutionary War. I believe that the first leaders of this nation were men of God. They went forward with a strength beyond their own for many reasons, one being because God designed to provide a country with religious freedom so He could again restore the truth to the Earth. I am grateful to the men that gave their lives for our freedom today. I don't appreciate enough all that was sacrificed so I can worship as I please. I am grateful for the true gospel of Jesus Christ and that I am blessed to be guided by God daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment