Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Gathering

How has the gathering of the Saints to Zion (Utah) affect me today?

My ancestors are included in the group of pioneers that traveled across the rocky terrain to Utah. They were commanded by Brigham Young to settle in the areas of Canada and built the church there. I feel very fortunate to be able to look back on the faithful examples of my ancestors. I am so grateful that they were diligent in obeying the Lords commandments and followed the teachings of the gospel so they could pass that heritage on to me. I need the gospel everyday of my life. Without it I am lost and would not know where to turn when I need divine help and miracles.
The miracle of defeating the threats associated with the rugged country my ancestors crossed reminds me that Heavenly Father is aware of His children and that He does bless us with abilities and accomplishments we could not do without His divine assistance. I have witnessed various miracles in my life. Miracles that could not occur unless a loving Father in Heaven answered my plea by interfering with the cosmos and creating a way for me to accomplish the certain task.
It is amazing to know that so many groups have traveled with unwavering faith in God to guide them along their course and He has always followed through as long as they remain true to their part of the bargain. This is something that applies directly to us in our day. We are all traveling along the journey of life and we are required to also "walk by faith". As long as we remain true and faithful to the commandments of our Heavenly Father, He will continue to lead us along the path with perfect direction. It is only when we lose sight of His commandments that we wander on unknown paths, leading to places lacking security and divine protection. Everyday we need to renew our faith, trust in Heavenly Father and follow the spirit. The church is true! Heavenly Father does love each of us and wants us to return to live with Him again by treading the path He has paved for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment